It's been a while since I last blogged. So I'll summarize all that has happened since then as quickly as I possibly can...'cause there's a lot. Malibu YL Club was amazing, but definitely different. Maybe it was just the fact that it was my 3rd camp, or maybe it was the absence of my best friends but something was different about this time. But regardless, I had an amazing time :) But unfortunately something there triggered this horrific rash that went weeks undiagnosed. It kept getting worse and worse, and more painful. I was in hibernation, unable to leave the house often without the worry of making it worse, or just facing the pain in general. But thankfully, after biopsying three pieces of my skin, they figured out that I have celiac disease--aka I'm gluten intolerant. Woo. Hoo.
In case you didn't know this about me, pasta was my life. I ate it everyday, and I'm not exaggerating. So the fact that I had to give it up wasn't exactly the greatest news. But I found out that the Gluten-Free world is actually quite big, and has really good food. So all in all, I'm turning my life around. I'm eating healthier, and I'm always in check with my body; if somethings different, I'm not going to keep quiet about it anymore.
Then I went to Seattle, which was fun as well. First road trip by myself, got to see my best friend Holly who lives in Vegas and finally meet her step-sister Sausha and her dad. But on the ONE day my parents weren't there I sampled some tea at Teavana, and as I was reading about it I saw it said "Contains NUTS." My heart stopped. I freaked out. There's no way to describe how it feels to be in that situation. I didn't know whether to administer the Epi-Pen. I'd been told my whole life, if I eat a nut it will most likely kill me. So, waiting to administer the Epi-Pen could be a fatal mistake. But taking it when it's not needed is just as fatal. So, I basically had a panic attack in the middle of the mall, called the paramedics, and they were there within minutes giving me the breathing tubes, hooking me up to a heart monitor--all while sitting in the middle of the mall. Who knows why, but thankfully I didn't react and I thank God for that.
Now I'm back to my normal self, and I'm SO excited to start school. True, I haven't started my summer assignment yet, so I probably won't be as thrilled when my procrastination comes to bite me in the ass, but I'm sick of being bored. Oh! And I get to start my job this next week, which I'm looking forward to! And then my last round of Senior Photos are being shot tomorrow! And Link Crew Training was today which I personally thought was a ton of fun--despite having to get up early. So all in all, Senior Year seemed to have started with a rough and quite intense summer for me, but is now finally looking up. To anyone who is reading this, thanks again, and remember, focus on the little things that make you smile :)
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment