Monday, May 17, 2010

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat


For those of you who don't know Latin (this includes me, I'm just liking this whole Latin title thing), the title means "Fortune favors the bold." At this moment in my life, this phrase really speaks to me. Lately I've been stressing about college, and you may be thinking, "Chelsea, why are you stressing? You're not even a senior yet!" But the thing is, I'm only a couple months away from applying to colleges; only a couple months away from deciding where I'll live for the next 4 years; only a couple months from making one of the BIGGEST decisions of my life. Now, how the title incorporates to my stress is for the fact that I've been leaning heavily towards NYU. But even I know that's ambitious. Lately, I've been thinking about a life on Broadway, or just in the music business in general. I've always loved NYC; I mean I've been there twice, and I still always say to go there when it's time to decide a family vacation. The city is just so thrilling, so full of life, you can't help but feel like you're a part of something big. And I've always loved Musical Theater, and seeing that NYC is home to Broadway, NYU would make my dream seem that much more achievable.
But still, that means that I'd be poor. I'd struggle for a long time. I'd be completely alone, 3,000 miles away from home. And if I happen to be part of that 1% of the population that makes it to the main stage, it would be quite the difficult life. I don't know if I'd want to be that far away from home all the time. There's a part of me that likes the idea of coming back home and raising a family close to where I grew up.
Still, I feel that there's a bigger part of me that wants more in this life, wants to take a leap and free-fall into the unknown, and take a stab at trying to break into the "biz." I've got big dreams, and I want to see how far I can go with them. I don't want to look back, and wonder "What if?"

Now besides that, life's been pretty chill since I last blogged. Saturday night was a BLAST! At first it was quite random, just me, Whitney, Jillian, Becca, and Chad came together for a party night. In an act of desperation, we called up the most RANDOM group of people ever to come party with us. It turned out to be a quite a success, with QUELF and Volleyball! Sure, I got hit in the face, but it was well worth it. And Sunday I went and saw my friend Crystal in Richland Players Theater Production of 'Blithe Spirit.' It was quite funny, and I'm glad I went with my parents. I've been trying to get her involved in theater up here in the hopes that it will help her become acclimated. Then we went to Olive Garden (My FAVORITE), and then I went back to Whitney's to grab my audition song in karaoke. There, I met her new-found stray cat which we named Boomer Camper! He's seriously one of the nicest cats EVER! And they're keeping him! After I went to Paige's to finish math, and that's basically it. Now, I'm off to Paige's again to prepare for our audition for ACT's upcoming Production of 'Cinderella.' We're both gunning for the part of the Ugly Step-Sisters ;) Wish us luck! And, as always, focus on the little things that make you smile :) And a shout out to Jayannah! I know you like to read blogs ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment