Thursday, May 13, 2010

Laissez Faire

I never thought this day would come, the day when I join the blogging community. But, after avoiding it for so long, I've decided it may be just what I need. I want to be able to remember who I was, what I was feeling at this point in my life; and with technology available, spending a couple minutes a day hand-writing in a diary sounds like too much for me to handle. Plus, I've attempted it many times, with no long term success. So here goes nothing.
After taking AP US History, I can safely say the most important thing I've learned from that class is one term: Laissez Faire=Let it Be. Whenever I'm feeling down, nervous, anxious, excited, frustrated, I remind myself to not worry and just let it be. I think it's easily the best realization I've ever come to.
Moving taught me a lot really. Mainly about myself, and my faith. Not many of you, if anyones reading this, know but once upon a time I was Agnostic. If you don't know what that means, it basically sums up to "I know there's a supreme being, but I don't know what will happen when I die, and I don't care." Now, I'm what you would consider a Christian. True, there are still things that I disagree with in the religion, that's another story, but now that I've built a solid relationship with JC (Jesus Christ-yeah, that's what I call him. Makes him seem more approachable to me), my life has SIGNIFICANTLY improved. And you think it wouldn't considering I moved 1000 miles away from all my friends, and everything I knew half-way through high school.
But that's just it. I truly believe He has a plan for me. Whatever it is, I know it leads to my happiness. I completely trust him in that. What seemed like the worst thing that could've happened to me, turned out to be the biggest blessing. I learned I like myself for who I am, and that's enough for me. I learned that I want to be a songwriter more than anything, and that I can do it with enough hard-work and determination.
So that's a basic over-view of me, and my life this past year. Now, blogs will just be daily updates, but I figured I needed some foundation. Hope you have a wonderful day, and focus on the little things that make you smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment